...these streets will make you feel brand new, these lights will inspire you...

...these streets will make you feel brand new, these lights will inspire you...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two Adventures

Oh it's been a craaazy time. School is rushing by me- I was informed by someone today that there are only 17 school days left of this term. That's INSANE. Where has the time gone? I've certainly learned enough. Notebooks full of fantastic exercises, tips, techniques, approaches... I am truly thankful for the experiences I've had this semester. I've been challenged, changed, bettered. And still a month  to go!

The staff certainly seems aware that time is running out. My calendar has never been so full in my entire life; pathetically it's all school assignments. Oh well. I guess I asked for it.

Meanwhile there have been many crazy adventures to contend with outside of  my institution of learning as well. Recently, Amy, Julie, and I strolled out of the apartment and just as the door slammed shut I decided to ask, "You've got the keys, haven't you?". They hadn't, and the door had now locked automatically. It was Saturday and our Super doesn't answer calls on weekends. We went on with our lunch plans (locked out of an apartment is no reason to not eat), and after much deliberation decided there was a simple solution: Knock on the door of someone living above us (none of whom we've met) and ask if i can climb through their window and shimmy down the fire escape into Julie's window. I tentatively knocked on the door of the apartment above us. When it opened, my request was immediately granted by three 20-something dudes: "Sure! No problem! This isn't the first time!" (Which begs the question: Who ELSE have they let climb down the fire escape into apartments??). The endeavor was a total kick-awesome success, of which I'm very proud, and I managed to get invited to a party in the process. Chyeah!

Today I went to Madison Square Park with two friends during our break. It was just a random decision, but it turned out to be THE BEST decision of the day: We sat down in the middle of the park, and not ten minutes later a man set up right in front of us with a big bucket of suds and a homemade wand; he was blowing giant bubbles! It was amazing, and the three of us watched and clapped and cheered as he showed off his bubble-making skills- I think we were more excited than the many 5-year-olds gathered to watch. After awhile he asked the most wonderful question I've ever heard: "Is there anyone who'd like to try?" Our hands shot into the air so fast we had no choice but to leap up after them. I know I sound a little ridiculous, but really. It's the little things. Magic moments. Those are the things that keep you sane, make your life a happy experience. It's something I've always believed in: You can look all around you and find wonderful experiences, amazing little things to see that can brighten your whole day. I think things like that are miracles.

There's much more to tell, not enough time. I have an 11 hour day at school tomorrow. Yes, you read that correctly. An ELEVEN HOUR DAY. With that, I bid you all goodnight. I will write again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment